James Perse is currently searching for a Director of E-Commerce to drive one of the fastest growing and most dynamic segments of our business. The successful candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, thrive on collaboration, and possess a holistic and deep understanding of the elements of a profitable e-commerce operation, including site experience, merchandising, content, digital marketing and analytics, client engagement, conversion, and retention, order fulfillment and logistics, and the technical aspects of website management. The role will actively collaborate with cross-functional partners in Retail, Merchandising, Planning, Marketing, IT, and Operations to optimize processes and provide insights that will drive sales across all channels of the business. With full P&L accountability, the Director must have a business owner’s mindset, continuously seeking out initiatives that will increase sales and further the Company’s overall strategic direction. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Achieve sales and margin targets by implementing technical and non-technical strategies and initiatives that will drive traffic, conversion, retention, revenue, and profitability.
- Meet financial objectives through annual budget preparation, ongoing forecasting, and results analysis. Oversee regular reporting of KPIs.
- Oversee digital marketing strategy for owned, earned, and paid channels (e.g., web, email, affiliate, display, search). Plan and manage digital marketing budget, continuously evaluating and improving return on investment. Use data analytics to track performance to goals and benchmarks and identify opportunities for business development across segments of the Company.
- Partner with Marketing and Content teams to develop, implement, and/or optimize effective online campaigns, digital marketing, and social media strategies that drive traffic, increase conversion, and expand sales both online and in-store.
- Support the Company’s omnichannel strategy by facilitating creation of seamless and integrated customer experience across our digital platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile, app) and brick and mortar locations.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with Design, Content, Merchandising, and Retail / Retail Operations teams to ensure brand and messaging alignment.
- Execute the company’s CRM strategy on digital platforms, leveraging data to drive sales and improve the online customer experience.
- Drive site personalization and segmentation strategy to create a relevant, value-added, personal, and engaging customer experience.
- Oversee and work to continuously improve customer-focused services, including call-center, live chat, inventory management, order fulfillment, and distribution. Ensure customer service team delivers a quality service experience consistent with the high standards set in existing retail locations.
- Collaborate with Merchandising and Planning to execute all online merchandising strategies. Ensure online merchandising is supported by best in class features in the areas of navigation, internal search, product set-up, and activation.
- Oversee day-to-day management of the website, including trouble shooting any errors, responsive redesigns, and enhancements.
- Interface with the IT department and external product developers on all system-related projects and challenges. Identify and plan for short and long term technical upgrades.
- Actively manage vendor relationships – sourcing new technology, negotiating pricing, setting strategy for vendors, and regularly monitoring performance.
- Keep up to date with evolving online media and technology trends, and explore new and effective products or enhancements that will improve site experience and generate revenue and profits.
- Ensure overall financial targets and individual goals are set for all team members; review and management performance.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Experience building strategic and financial plans and executing against them.
- Able to think strategically while knowing and understanding details; hands-on leader with a sense of urgency.
- Track record of increasing traffic, conversion, and sales on an ecommerce platform. Experience with domestic as well as international customers/operations.
- Thorough understanding of retail fundamentals – operations/fulfillment, customer service, sales, merchandising, etc.
- Thorough technical understanding of performance marketing and social media marketing.
- Experience building and executing tactical marketing plans to drive online traffic and revenue (email, paid search, social, affiliate)
- Data-driven; clear understanding of retail and marketing metrics; commitment to increasing profit and ROI.
- Successful in building and maintaining working relationships with advertising and platform/development vendors.
- Experience planning and implementing ecommerce platforms.
- Up-to-date knowledge of ecommerce and performance marketing partners/products in market.
- Understanding of broader digital marketing tools and opportunities, experience building and executing a digital marketing strategy for an ecommerce company preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of ecommerce platform structure, security and performance; experience working with developers to improve UX and optimize for search.
- Knowledge of sales and CRM functions, ideally in a luxury setting.
- Successful working cross-functionally; able to communicate complex concepts clearly, learn from others and influence when necessary.
- Experienced manager with successful record of developing people and building teams.
- Adaptable to change and receptive to feedback and suggestions.
- 8-10+ years of strategic e-commerce management experience required, preferably within an omni-channel apparel or specialty retailer; 3+ years of Director level or above experience required.
James Perse Enterprises, Inc. has successfully introduced its unique take on the Southern California lifestyle to the world. With visionary focus, Perse has expanded the company to include James Perse Standard, James Perse Los Angeles, James Perse Home and James Perse Malibu, each line defined by premium fabrics and Perse's signature designs. James Perse Enterprises, Inc. enters its second decade with the perfect basis for continued global expansion - absolute dedication to its swiftly growing, intensely loyal clientele. At James Perse Enterprises, Inc. we set superior standards for our products and our employees. We seek talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who would be assets to our brand. We are seeking responsible, committed, and highly energetic retail professionals with a developed sense of contemporary style and exceptional customer service.
James Perse offers a competitive compensation package. Full-time positions are eligible for Company sponsored benefits.