WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING AN ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER FOR BLEECKER LOCATION
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in executive all aspects of the sales and service experience in the shop, including sales growth and profitability, customer experience and satisfaction, visual merchandising floor set implementation, store sales floor maintenance, and recruitment, training and development of the associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Experience + Clienteling
- Constantly monitors floor activity to ensure that all customers are greeted, attended to in the fitting rooms, correct sizes are located, and POS sales execution is seamless and accurate.
- Leads by example by actively selling and maintaining a clienteling portfolio. Mentors and assesses staff on clienteling and execution of client experience standards. Ensures Sales Associate contact and follow up goals are met, and ensures communications are on brand and consistent.
- Ensures all books, florals, vases, surfboards and in-store displays are maintained to standard.
Sales Generation + Profitability
- Works with the Store Manager to meet / exceed profitability expectations in sales, customer sales conversion, payroll, shrink, and supply management.
- Partners with the Store Manager to create and execute strategies to maximize area sales and to control expenses through team execution of proper floor coverage, and daily floor replenishment.
- Identifies scenarios that may not be working for the store, and makes suggestions and enhancements that could lead to higher sales volume.
Store Operational Effectiveness
- Ensures maximum floor product is available, correctly sized, correctly folded to company standard through visual merchandising displays and under stock.
- Completes required reporting, including but not limited to: Daily Salesfloor Replenishment Checklist, Weekly Replenishment Wish List, and Weekly Substitution Requests Due to Sell Down, Scheduling Requests, Team Scheduling, and Management Recap.
- Works with the Store Manager to meet all payroll expectations.
- Maintains a sparkling clean visual presentation by ensuring fitting rooms are clear of debris and clothing, customer walkways are clean, cabinetry is closed, the cashwrap is tidy.
- Ensures employee wardrobe standards are met, including but not limited to correct sizing, correct footwear, clean, pressed, and adequately altered garments (as appropriate), and other directives. Facilitates wardrobe allotments through Store Operations.
- Executes and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Networks, recruits, develops, and retains employees who understand and are appropriate for the brand.
- Trains, develops, and provides ongoing feedback and coaching on product knowledge, visual merchandising, and delivering an exceptional customer experience through, e.g., clienteling, ongoing customer attention, detailed product knowledge, and service excellence.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Ability to articulate and exemplify brand vision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to teach, inspire, and lead by example
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and effectively communicate in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Maintains good energy and positive attitude
- Adapts to change and receptive to feedback and suggestions
- Models teamwork to staff and treats staff with respect
- Communicates effectively and professionally
- Ability to understand and interpret business data
- Model good time and attendance practices
James Perse Enterprises, Inc. has successfully introduced its unique take on the Southern California lifestyle to the world. With visionary focus, Perse has expanded the company to include James Perse Standard, James Perse Los Angeles, James Perse Home and James Perse Malibu, each line defined by premium fabrics and Perse's signature designs. James Perse Enterprises, Inc. enters its second decade with the perfect basis for continued global expansion - absolute dedication to its swiftly growing, intensely loyal clientele. At James Perse Enterprises, Inc. we set superior standards for our products and our employees. We seek talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences who would be assets to our brand. We are seeking responsible, committed, and highly energetic retail professionals with a developed sense of contemporary style and exceptional customer service.
Please note: Candidates for this location must be approved for hire by Bloomingdale’s, which subsequently will employ and pay all wages, benefits, commissions, taxes, and other payments to the associate pursuant to Bloomingdale’s policies and procedures, and applicable state and federal law